Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Since installing Windows 10, one of my favorite programs

Customer Question

Since installing Windows 10, one of my favorite programs barely runs. It is so slow, as it scrolls down the page it it almost impossible to read. With Windows 7 it worked perfectly. If it is impossible to fix, I would just as soon go back to Windows 7. Is it possible to remove Windows 10 and resume Windows 7 operation?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

you can roll back to windows 7 from windows 10 however windows 10 seems to be a stable operating system as i am using it since the day first July29th. Let me know the make and model number of the computer then i can check the hardware settings of your computer and will let you know if you need to roll back to windows 7 or we can fix this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model no. A1286
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

what is the brand name Dell, Hp, Lenovo etc.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mac Book Pro
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

in mac how did you install windows 10

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just clicked on the install button. It was working somewhat when it was first installed, then on the second/third day, it put my wife's name as primary user. Since then it has worked very slow
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Alright, let me know what you are installing now the printer driver?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not installing anything at present. Was just looking over another program on the apps startup menu while waiting for a response.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

its a Mac computer correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's an Apple Mac Book Pro. I operate the Windows on their Boot Camp program. So it opens up in Windows. I never had a problem before. It worked perfectly up until I downloaded Windows 10
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the update i was wondering it must be a dual boot system a bootcamp. if Windows 10 is not working faster as windows 7 then i would suggest you a roll back to windows 7 and then you can try downloading a ISO file from Microsoft which is free and burn it on a disk and do a fresh reinstall.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sounds like a solution to me. How do I do that. Just so you know, the Windows 7 was the 16 bit, not the 32 bit Windows 7. I use an old program that didn't work on the 32 bit version of Windows 7
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If this isn't given in plain, easy to understand layman's language, I won't be able to understand it. If there's a problem, can I call?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

give me some time i will give you the steps to follow and yes you can contact me any time you want till the session is not ended.