Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

You suggestions did not help. I am not surprised, because I

Customer Question

Dave, You suggestions did not help. I am not surprised, because I really think this has something to do with some sort of Photoshop automatic "upgrade" that didn't work right. I have tried to explain that Photoshop is freezing up.
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried to explain that nothing I have done seems to help. I tried to follow your suggestions to the letter. I even tried to use my Adobe discs to reboot, but that doesn't seem to work because Adobe does not seem to have live support their Photoshop (and several others). I think I need technical support more specific to Photoshop, like someone who can get right in their and possibly debug???
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
if it was caused by a recent upgrade and used to work the following procedure should fix it by reverting the computer to before the time of the update. But it might also be something with that one particular picture that you are loading and you should test with other pictures or by downloading the picture first and then trying to import it rather than importing it directly from the web
System restore instructions - windows 7 8 10
hold the windows logo key and hit R
in the box that appears type
rstrui.exe
hit enter
select restore to an earlier date.
Under the "suggested restore" which is usually not old enough to help is a link for "OTHER RESTORE POINTS"
click that if the suggested ones are not BEFORE THE PROBLEM STARTED
choose a date from the calendar that is BEFORE you experienced the problem
hit ok / restore
the computer will start to shut down
a restoring settings box will appear with a status bar
when it finishes your computer will restart with the same settings it had on the date you restored to. your data will not be affected.
It is not perfect. But it fixes a lot of things.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is now 11 p.m. and we have made no progress. The payment was warranted to be dependent on the problem being solved. This has not worked at all and I need a refund.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

I answered you at 3pm. I still have not heard that you tried what I suggested or what happened when you did. Surely It didn't take 8 hours to do a system restore