Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

My HP Universal Printer doesn't let me scan. It keeps saying

Customer Question

My HP Universal Printer doesn't let me scan. It keeps saying "Not Setup on PC." What should I do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

The easiest thing that you can do is try the scan from the computer rather than pushing the button on the printer. If you have a program that does scanning you can use that. Or you can go to the scanners and cameras section in windows and double click on the scanner to start the scan.

or if you like you can download this software which when you run it will allow you to scan through it

http://sourceforge.net/projects/naps2/

the other thing that you can do is make sure that you have the complete HP printer driver set up. The computer will often install it using windows drivers automatically but that will not include enough to get the scan button on the printer working. That requires installing the HP software for that machine

If you give me the exact make and model number of the printer i can get you the page to download the software.

I am also available to speak to you on the phone and remote in to your computer to get it working with you. But there is an additional charge for that.