Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Technician
62741268

My internet explorer stops working, I get "ebay.com is not

Customer Question

My internet explorer stops working, I get "ebay.com is not responding" and "ebay.com is not responding due to a long running script" etc. I have to let I.E close and open repeatedly. What's wrong?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

You can reset Internet Explorer settings to return them to the state they were in when Internet Explorer was first installed on your PC. This can be useful for troubleshooting problems that might be caused by settings changed after installation.

1. Close all Internet Explorer windows that are currently open.

2. Open the desktop, and then tap or click the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar. Changing your settings will affect both Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer for the desktop.

3. Tap or click the Tools button , and then tap or click Internet options.

4. Tap or Click the Advanced tab, and then tap or click Reset.

5. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, tap or click Reset.

6. When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, tap or click Close, and then tap or click OK. You'll need to restart your PC for these changes to take effect.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried it and not working

okay, try this next please>

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.)

2. Enter Troubleshooting in the search box, and then tap or click Troubleshooting.

3. Tap or click View all, select Internet Explorer Performance, and then follow the instructions in the Troubleshooter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Says couldnt identify the problem

okay, are you able to browse all other sites okay?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ebay is the worst but its fine on my pc juzt laptop is a problem

Try this on your laptop please>

(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.) ‌

2. Enter Device Manager in the search box, and then tap or click Device Manager.‌ You might be asked for an admin password ***** to confirm your choice.

3. Double-tap or double-click Network Adapters, right-click your wireless network adapter, and then click Uninstall, then reboot and reconnect to your wifi..