Nathan, Systems Manager
Experience:  Own/operate computer networking/IT company.
59725966

Rear speakers wont sync

Customer Question

rear speakers wont sync
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Samsung htwp38
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you tell me what lights you see, if any, on both the rears and the main unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only light is on the main unit is red standby light.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Are you saying on the main (front/receiver) unit is where you see the light?Meaning you see no light on the rear amp unit at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the rear unit that the rear speakers plug into has a red standby light on.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming.

There are several possible causes of this, the most likely is a signal range/interference issue. It is possible though that this is a hardware fault in the rear unit (bad radio receiver, faulty power supply, etc).

First, move the rear unit up near the front one and plug it in, keep it off and the main unit off

press and hold the REMAIN button on the remote, while pointed at the front unit, and keep holding, The light on front should go blue

then turn on the rear unit and next press and hold the reset button/hole on the back of the rear unit with a paperclip for 5 seconds, press it repeatedly if needed, until the light on front blinks

Let me know what lights come on at that point

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still same lights on
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for trying,

unfortunately, that really leaves only the possibility of a hardware fault, meaning the rear receiver unit has an internal defect (bad power supply, bad radio, etc)

This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear, as a 2005 model, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising. This type of fault is the biggest downside to these all in one theater systems, as some component inevitably fails and the entire system has to be replaced. All of the components are proprietary to this model and cannot be replaced individually. They are also not feasible to fix - there are no parts available and labor costs alone would be more than a whole new system.

At this point you could certainly continue using it as a stereo (front speakers only) system, otherwise replacement will be the most economical option here.

Personally, I do not recommend these theater in a box systems, as they tend to be short lived and low quality components. You'll get far better performance and features, and often lower upfront cost, from a "separates" system, meaning a standalone amp/receiver, individual speakers, and separate bluray player.

If you are pinched for space though or prefer the budget model systems, there are some soundbars that would work well for you. I can recommend some replcement options for you, or help find a repair shop if you prefer, depending how you'd like to proceed.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,