Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

I have a chrome book. I haven't used it three weeks. My

Customer Question

I have a chrome book. I haven't used it for about three weeks. My battery went dead. I charged it. Now when I try to login to my email, I get a white box that says "sign in," "enter password." I have no idea what password ***** enter.
I had always kept it on or in a state of "sleep."
When I took it to a computer repair store, they said to call Google.
Can you help me or provide a good number to call?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
I am the person that will be helping you today.
The password ***** you need to enter is the password ***** your Gmail/Google account that is on screen. If you have forgotten the password, you will simply need to reset the password.
Please, follow the instructions below to reset your Gmail/Google password:
- Click the following link: https://accounts.google.com/RecoverAccount
- Enter the email address that you wish to reset the password *****
- Click the Submit button
- Answer the questions on the following screen
- Now you will be able to reset your password
If you still cannot get your password ***** you must fill out the form at the following page: https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/skt
--- On this page, fill out as much information as you can. It is okay if you cannot remember the answers to everything. It may take up to a few days for the Gmail team to get back to you.
----------------------------------------------------------
If you cannot reset your password, you can simply reset the Chromebook. Keep in mind that when you reset the Chromebook, everything on it will be erased and it will be in the same state as when you purchased it.
In your case, you will have to reset your Chromebook, which will erase all on the notebook along with the password.
Chromebook Reset Instructions to erase all on the Chromebook(Only do this, if you cannot reset your Gmail/Google account password):
- At the login screen, press Alt+Ctrl+Shift+R and tap the Restart button.
- This will bring up the Powerwash prompt, which you can choose to wipe the device clean within a few minutes.
- Once this is complete, you will be all set and will be able to reconfigure it just as you did when you first got your Chromebook.
I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)
Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.
Thank you again,
- Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jason:
Perhaps I did not explain my problem well. It is not my gmail password, it's my password ***** access my chromebook. I'm using a different computer to communicate with you.
The only screen I get on my Chromebook is,
CHROME
Sign in
Email
***@******.***
Password
[empty box]
sign in
I am correct. When you sign into your Chromebook, you are signing into your Gmail account.
So, the password ***** need to enter is the one that is attached to the email account that you posted.
Use the Gmail password ***** you will be able to sign in.
Thank you,
Jason