Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Qualified Computer Professional - 12+ years experience. Expert in Computer Hardware & Graphic Design
50064670

I installed windows 10 on my sisters computer and it was

Customer Question

I installed windows 10 on my sisters computer and it was working just fine but
today I could not get my desktop icons or tyles. My search bar is missing and the
window icon in the lh corner is also dead. I can get my mail on line and also the news
etc. I am sure it is a simple problem but I can't find it.
please help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.
Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.
Open Windows PowerShell as Administrator
Right click Start button
Choose Command prompt (Admin)
Key in Powershell in the black window and hit Enter
Copy and Paste the following command in the Administrator: Windows PowerShell window and press Enter key:
Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
Wait for PowerShell to execute and complete the command. Ignore the few errors (in red color) that may pop up.
When it finishes, try hitting Start and hopefully it’ll start working.
Regards
Jins