John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MCP, RHCE
50152684

I have Windows 7. If I upgrade online will I loose the Files

Customer Question

Hello, I have Windows 7. If I upgrade online will I loose the Files I have?
Regards,
Dale
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hello sir my name is***** will be assisting you today. I will try my best to help you

When you upgrade to windows 10 without formatting the drive it will keep the files and application but it is recommended to back up your personal files etc.You might needed to re-install the application after the upgrade because windows 10 is a major upgrade.

In my suggestion it is best you wait for couple of months before you upgrade because windows 10 currently have some bugs that needed to be fixed by Microsoft.A lot of people getting installation issue and application & devices compatibility,screen goes blank after installation issues etc.If you are going to upgrade to windows 10 now i highly recommend you back up your personal files etc. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,

Note: - Please keep this conversation/Chat page opened to view my replies quickly. You will also get an email notification in your email each time I reply. To reply back to me use the reply box below.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Sir did you check my above reply regarding upgrading to windows 10.did it help or is there anything else you like to know?

Sincerely,