Michael Norman
Michael Norman, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  Director of Technology
77547562

I have 2.5 year old iPad. It suddenly died today. I had some

Customer Question

i have 2.5 year old iPad. It suddenly died today. I had some battery charging issues for past few week. This afternoon I was using and suddenly it went dark.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michael Norman replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is, Mike. I'd like to try and assist you. Unfortunately with battery issues, you need to take it to a specialist. You can try turning the device on with the power cord attached. You may need to leave the power cord attached for a few minutes before attempting to turn on the device. Ultimately you will need to take it to you nearest Apple store so they can open it and replace the internal battery. You may decide at this point to replace the device depending on how much they want to charge. This is definitely not something I would recommend doing yourself, as if not done properly you could crack the screen or damage the internals.