Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I've done something to myNexux 7 Tablet and lost most of my

Customer Question

I've done something to myNexux 7 Tablet and lost most of my Google contacts. How can I get them back!!!!!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

have you got a computer ?

if so go to www.gmail.com and log in with the same google account the nexus uses and see if they show up there.

if they do you should be able to restore them to the nexus

please let me know if they are there or not and i can get you further instructions

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they can be accessed by my computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

ok can you export them to a csv file please and save that on your computer. that will keep them safe and then we can try to sync it back to your tablet

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've exported the file which appears as a very complicated csv file. It's been saved to the desk top. How do I get it into my CONTACTS APP on NEXUS?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm on the computer now and have more flexibility.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

sorry i am with another customer and i probably ccant get to you for another hour or sometime tomorrow for the phone call

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

on the tablet

go to settings

accounts

google

MAKE SURE IT IS THE CORRECT GMAIL ACCOUNT

click on that account

click contacts and it should say sync off

click it again and it should say syncing now

that should bring them back down from the google server if they were there when you looked at it on the computer

it may take a few minutes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE SOLUTION TURNED OUT TO BE REALLY SIMPLE. DOWNLOAD ANOTHER CONTACTS APP. THAT'S ALL I HAD TO DO. NONE OF THIS DOWNLOAD THE CONTACTS INTO A CSV FILE. JUDT DOWNLOAD A DIFFERENT CONTACTS APP. I HOPE I AM NOT CHARGED FOR THIS. YOUR ADVICE WASN'T THAT HELPFUL AND WAS WAY TOO COMPLICATED. THANKS though.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

i only had you download the csv file as a precaution

then you just had to resync

i dont know what you did with your contact app to start with. i assumed that you deleted the contacts off the tablet. if you had just installed another contact app that didnt work i would have told you to uninstall it.