Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Technician
62741268

The Brightness on my screen has just gone very dim and

Customer Question

The Brightness on my screen has just gone very dim and trying the adjust the brightness doesn't change anything. I have and idea pad. I have restarted and let the computer rest for a while and that didn't work. HELP
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.Try a refresh first and if that fails unfortunately you will then have to do a full restore.
Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
Under Refresh your PC without affecting your files, tap or click Get started.
Follow the instructions on the screen.
Remove everything and reinstall Windows
If you want to recycle your PC, give it away, or start over with it, you can reset it completely.
Note
If you upgraded your PC from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 and your PC has a Windows 8 recovery partition, resetting your PC will restore Windows 8. You’ll need to upgrade to Windows 8.1 after the reset has finished.
Warning
All of your personal files will be deleted and your settings will be reset. All apps that you installed will be removed. Only apps that came with your PC will be reinstalled.
To reset your PC
Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
Follow the instructions on the screen.
Note
You'll be asked to choose whether you want to erase data quickly or thoroughly. If you choose to erase data quickly, some data might be recoverable using special software. If you choose to erase data thoroughly, this will take longer but it makes recovering data less likely.