Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Technician
62741268

The Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 3 crashed. Desktop opens,

Customer Question

The Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 3 crashed. Desktop opens, but Start Menu and several apps cannot be opened.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

Try a refresh first and if that fails unfortunately you will then have to do a full restore.

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)

2. Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.

3. Under Refresh your PC without affecting your files, tap or click Get started.

4. Follow the instructions on the screen.

Remove everything and reinstall Windows

If you want to recycle your PC, give it away, or start over with it, you can reset it completely.

Note

• If you upgraded your PC from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 and your PC has a Windows 8 recovery partition, resetting your PC will restore Windows 8. You’ll need to upgrade to Windows 8.1 after the reset has finished.

Warning

• All of your personal files will be deleted and your settings will be reset. All apps that you installed will be removed. Only apps that came with your PC will be reinstalled.

To reset your PC

3. Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.

Note

• You'll be asked to choose whether you want to erase data quickly or thoroughly. If you choose to erase data quickly, some data might be recoverable using special software. If you choose to erase data thoroughly, this will take longer but it makes recovering data less likely.

*

.

.
Was this step helpful? Please reply if you need more help.
.

.

.

.

.

Please let me know if this does not work for you or if you need any other assistance.
.
.
.
After we have your issue resolved please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!