Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

If I download windows 10 will my Microsoft games Age of

Customer Question

if I download windows 10 will my Microsoft games Age of Empire, etc still work as they do on 7?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Your games will work, but it depends on how you upgrade to windows 10. If you do an Update, while windows 7 is running. Then it will carry over your programs and keep t hem installed.

If however, you create an installation cd or usb, and then clean install windows 10. Then you would have to reinstall your games.

The only games that would not work are games you installed through WIndows Virtual PC. But , You would only have windows virtual PC if you were running windows 7 professional or ultimate, and if you intentionally downloaded and installed it. And then intentionally installed your games on windows virtual pc.. ( Its basically an emulator that makes it look like you are running an old copy of windows xp inside windows 7 )

If you arent using that. Then as long as you do an in place upgrade to windows 10. You will be fine!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.