Don Williams
Don Williams,
Experience:  Network Support Technician at McKeesport Area School District
77782806

I just downloaded and installed Windows 10 and the install

Customer Question

I just downloaded and installed Windows 10 and the install took a very long time. When the computer tried to boot up after completing the install, it seems to go into an infinite loop, with the start up screen coming on for half a second and then going blank and trying to come on again and so on.
I have a Lenovo U410 (I think), so the hardware is fine for this OS. However I am wondering if the fact that this computer is designed with 2 hard drives and Windows 7 is loaded on a three smaller SSD drive could have caused the problem.
How do I go back to Windows 7, or at least get up and running again?
Thank you,
Jeremy
Category: Computer
Expert:  Don Williams replied 1 year ago.

Looks like you may need to boot the computer into safe mode and then remove the windows update. Seems as if something towards the end of the update went wrong. To put your machine into safemode, turn it on and immediately hit F8. This will bring up a boot menu and you can select "Safe Mode with Networking." Once the computer boots, you can go to the app called Update and Security. Look for an option named Recovery and select "Go back to a Previous Version of Windows." Should take about 30 minutes total.