Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

A popup said I needed to sign up Microsoft update. The

Customer Question

A popup said I needed to sign up for a Microsoft update. The Microsoft logo and lettering looked official. I got halfway through and then it occurred to me that Microsoft Windows just updates automatically without notification, so I stopped and thought I deleted it. Not so. SlimCleaner Plus is the name of the outfit and they have implanted themselves on my hard drive. They keep popping up and reminding me to complete the signup. I called and talked to a guy from India who was insistent that I allow him access to my computer to find out what my problem was. I said he was the problem and hung up. Now I get these annoying popups from them and sometimes the computer just shuts down by itself. How do I get their programs out of my computer?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. You got virus/spyware installed on your computer.

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,