Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I did not authorize pay pal to charge my visa card charge of

Customer Question

I did not authorize pay pal to charge my visa card for a charge of $138.00 on 7/22/15.
I do not want a pay pal account. I would like you to delete any and all information you
have on my account.
This charge was not authorized by me and the setting up of a pay pal account was
not authorized by me.
Fern Schreder
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

what company put the charge on your card ? if you purchased anything on ebay they force you to open a paypal account to do so.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not buy anything on e-bay. It was suppose to be a program to keep my computer from getting viruses etc.
The Visa bill lists it as *NOMADICSOUL. I don't know what that means. The program was from ZoHo.
I was also charged $130.00 from PCsecurers.com, which I did authorize. But I did not authorize pay-pal
to set up an account I do not want and to charge me the $138.00. Thanks, *****
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
that sounds like one of the scam operators sending outrageously priced anti virus solutions after putting their own virus up that tells you you need it.
Your best solution is to dispute the charge with visa by calling the number on the back of the card. They will take it off the bill and probably issue you another card so they cant charge it again.
I am not sure where the paypal comes into it. If you know the account id and password ***** you can log in and file a dispute there as well but the credit card will be more friendly about it. If you have no knowledge of what paypal account it is than definitely have the credit card company issue you a new card and then the paypal account wont be able to access it again.
paypal support phone number is *****(###) ###-####
they might be able to help you track down the paypal account it used and shut it down or give you access to it. But again your best bet is to call the credit card company and dispute the charges and let them deal with the whole issue so it doesnt happen again.