Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I need security xxxxxxxxxxxx

Customer Question

I need security xxxxxxxxxxxx
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
I am an Information Technology Professional with over 15 years of professional experience. I am the technician assigned to your case today. I look forward to working with you and resolving this problem.
May I ask what type of 'security' you are referring to?
I will be standing by.
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Call please
I am sorry, but a phone call right now is not possible.
May I ask for you to tell me what you need? If you wish, we can start a remote session. This will allow us to start a chat session as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both my laptop I think are infected hard to type on phone. 69yo
Are you able to use the computers at all or does the infection make them unusable?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you cannot call, please send,completely.unusable
Please, deny the "Remote Service". That will open the question up to another person.
I understand that you only wish to talk over the phone.
For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.
The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.
When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.
Thank you for your patience.
- Jason
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your computer question.
i can call you but you need to actually say no to the offer that jason put up. Untill then i can not get you another offer and the site wont let me even put my phone number in until that gets done
thanks
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
never mind i think i got it in there. :) as soon as you accept my offer for a phone call i can get you my phone number or take yours.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was trying to download comcast and I got a big red sign with a count down and with a phone number and i couldnt get rid of it and a couple minutes more. Got ***** ***** saying that she can help so I called the number (1 888 319 84 64) and when I called a person with a foreign language said that Jackie is not available. The person wouldnt give me Jackie then he cons me on what it was and he was offering me a contract and I said no cause i wanna check it out. All of a sudden he wanted to get into my computer and it was telling me how to bring up some pages and it got me to be able to send. I let him in to my computer and I couldnt gain control. I had no more control over it. I cut off the computer and this lady came on (***** *****) and then said it was customer support. I opened my computer again. It had a porn from India. It seems like from India and I could get it off the screen and I cut it down for sure. It says I was hacked with trojan.Was hoping that we can chat for the meantime cause I cancelled all my cc.Hope you can help.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

i can do that though a phone would be easier

it was a scam. if you can follow the instructions below for a system restore it might fix it

or if you can download malwarebytes even if you have to do it on another computer and then transfer it on a flash drive and run it that should work as well

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware/

first try a system restore. If you can boot into safe mode by tapping F8 repeatedly as you boot the computer it should allow you to do that even if you cant do it in normal mode

System restore instructions - windows 7 or 8 8.1

hold the windows logo key down and hit R
type rstrui.exe in the run box that comes up and hit enter

select restore to an earlier date.

Under the "suggested restore" which is usually not old enough to help is a link for "OTHER RESTORE POINTS"
click that if the suggested ones are not BEFORE THE PROBLEM STARTED

choose a date that is BEFORE you experienced the problem

hit ok / restore

the computer will start to shut down

a restoring settngs box will appear with a status bar

when it finishes your computer will restart with the same settings it had on the date you restored to. your data will not be affected.

It is not perfect. But it fixes a lot of things.