Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I forgot my password to log in

Customer Question

I forgot my password ***** log in
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Can you tell me please what it is your trying to sign into?
ie: Windows 8? An email account?
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Toshiba satellite running win 8. I forgot my login password ***** get aces to my desktop
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
you have three options here which I will list out. As this is security, there is no simple solution, but any of these three options will work, it will just depend on how commfortable you feel doing them.
1)Reinstall the computer. This means you reinstall windows but lose all your data on the computer. It is not ideal, but the easiest way to do this. For this option, on the log in screen, hold down the SHIFT button and with it held down, click the power icon and choose restart. Keep SHIFT held until it has restarted into a menu. Choose Troubleshoot, then Reset my PC. This returns the PC to new, so you can set it up again.
2) Take it to a computer store, have them take out the hard drive and copy out your data to another disk. Then the reinstall can be done and you wont lose your data. Programs you have to install again.
3) This is the most complex solution, but it will mean you will not lose your data or programs and can do this yourself
Save this file to your computer
Click Me
After downloading the ZIP file, locate it and double-click on it. Select "Extract All." Extract the files to the same folder the ZIP file is in.
The .ISO file is a CD image file used to create a bootable CD. The file must be burned as a bootable CD - not as a data file - to a CD. If you don't know how to do this, the simplest method is to download the freeware ISO burner at the link below:
http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm
Choose the appropriate version for your system (at present, version 3.1 for Windows Vista and Windows 7.) Download the installation file to a convenient folder. After downloading it, right-click on the file and select "Install." Now go back to the .ISO file, right-click on it, and select "Copy image to CD."
After burning the bootable CD, put it in your problem computer and restart the computer. Tap anykey to have the disk load.
Follow the instructions given on the screen to change the password ***** the target account.
This video shows you how to do the instructions I explained
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWnV5SM7iS0
After completing the reset procedure, remove the CD from the drive and restart the system. The password ***** the target account is now set to whatever you chose.
You will have to do one of these three options to get access to the computer again.
If you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
which file I download for windows 8?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The windows 7 version will work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
32 or 64 bits?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
This depends on which version you had, do you recall?
If not try 64 then 32 if it fails.