Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

I'm having the same question a customer asked 4 years ago my

Customer Question

michael i'm having the same question a customer asked 4 years ago my computer won't type caps it also won't let me use the period key
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be your Primary Care Technician and I can assist you with your question.
If the keyboard is external, please try plugging it into a different USB port first If that doesn't help, please do the following:
Open Accessibilty or Universal Access preferences (in System Preferences) and click the Mouse tab. Verify that Mouse Keys is Off. (With Mouse Keys on you can use the keyboard or the numeric keypad keys to move the mouse, however normal keyboard functionality will be disabled until the Mouse Keys feature is turned off.)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to request for new Expert to answer the question please.

You got it. I would have continued helping, but that's up to you.

Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
I am an Information Technology Professional with over 15 years of professional experience. I am the technician assigned to your case today. I look forward to working with you and resolving this problem.
I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.
May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?
Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.
Thank you,
Jason