Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance
15197395

Google quit working on my husband's computer two days ago

Customer Question

Google quit working on my husband's computer two days ago and we need to restore but don't know how to accomplish it. It's Google Version 44.0.2403.130m
Note displayed on his computer screen is: ! Updadte failed (error:4) An error occured while checking for updates: Update check failed to start (error 4: 0xa04308ld -- system level)
Can you help get it functioning again?
Thanks, *****
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Do you mean Google Chrome ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Do you use Windows 7 ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it's Windows 8
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Do you get the error message, as soon as you try to start Google Chrome ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Are you replying me from the same PC ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok waiting for your call
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still planning to call us with an answer?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I got offline, after waiting for your reply. I did not accepted the phone call request, because that will not help in this case, as speaking on phone and chatting here will be same , this problem can be easily solved by remote support, by which I can directly connect with your PC and help you to solve the problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would prefer to do it with PC then...but how can you do this since there is no connection with my PC to the internet??? My computer internet access is down...I am using my wife's lap top to converse with you.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Ok, then we have to solve the problem by chatting. Can you tell me, if you have tried to uninstall and reinstall google chrome or not ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, I have not
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is your answer for fixing our Google problem...will you give me instructions how to accomplish the answer???
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

OK, please reply me back, if you are free now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I was working outside but am now in at my computer..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am available at(###) ###-####
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Can you access Internet from Internet Explorer, instead of Chrome ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know how to do that without access to internet.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Internet Explorer is an browser like Chrome, there is no need of Internet to open a browser, you need the net connection to open any website from the browser, so unless you can open the browser like Internet Explorer, you will not know, if you are able to access the Internet or not, I think, as you cannot open Chrome, you are thinking there is no Internet connection.

Please open the link below and follow any of the method mentioned there to uninstall Chrome from Windows 8 and reply me back.

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=27423

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We really need our computer working now, so have called on a tech in our local neighborhood to look at it. We are not experienced enough in computer technology to follow your https: //kb.wisc.edu/page.php?ip=27423
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

OK, I can understand your situation. But as this is a online website, I can only give you the instructions to solve the problem, please let me know if you need any further help from me and one more thing, please try to know from the tech, how to use other browsers like Internet Explorer etc. in case you face any problem with chrome in future, because if you know that then, I could have solved the problem by connecting with the PC.

Anyway, best of luck, please remember to give positive rating below, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort, otherwise there is no need to give any rating.