Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

How do i up date firm ware on my clover standalone monitor

Customer Question

how do i up date firm ware on my clover standalone monitor
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
  1. On a Clover device, open the Android settings through one of the following methods: either swipe down from the top right corner of the screen, then tap Settings, or; from the Clover Home screen, tap the Settings app.
  2. In the Settings app, on the left side of the screen, scroll down and tap About Station at the bottom of the list.
  3. Tap the Check for Firmware Update button on the right side of the screen.
    If there is an update available, you will be prompted to download and install the update; if not, you will see a message “No new updates are available at this time”.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

if it is truly a stand alone monitor without its own software or internet connection i would need the exact model number to see if there is any way to do it. Is there a specific reason that you would need the firmware update ? I usually recommend against doing firmware updates unless there is an actual problem that you know it will solve. New updates are usually to address a specific problem and they sometimes cause new problems. Also if the update fails you are generally left with an expensive paperweight as there the machine wont run and there is no way to fix it outside of the factory.