Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I need someone to remotely change my systems bios in order

Customer Question

I need someone to remotely change my systems bios in order for me to open up VMware player. When I open the virtual machine it says binary translation is incompatible with long mode on this platform. long mode will be disabled in this virtual environment and applications requiring long mode will not function properly as a result. After I click ok, it then says this kernel requires a x86-cpu, but only detected an i686 cpu. unable to boot, please use a kernel appropriate for your cpu. i have a lenovo thinkpad e240. according to SAS university edition software help desk, my systems Bios NEED to be changed. I do not know how to access them, I can only restart or shut down my system. How do i select restore defaults or restore optimized defaults. I have check my system information, and control setting.
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

this page shows how to enter the bios setup in different lenovo thinkpads

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/yast-3jwkjx

it unfortunately cant be done using remote software because the remote has to be done under windows and the bios settings are run by the computers own chips and have to be set before windows starts.

if you want a phone call i can do that but i do not know exactly what would have to be changed or if it is even possible to change the correct thing on that computer or what it would do to other functions of the computer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

if that is helpful i hope you will give me a good rating. I am willing to do the phone call and even do a little research on it. but i really cant guarantee that it would help or even not hurt.