Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I got a warning from Microsoft that I had a problem on my

Customer Question

I got a warning from Microsoft that I had a problem on my computer. (I assumed it was from Microsoft as it was their logo etc.) I followed their recommendations and it cost me almost 100.00 in tech fees and 165.00 support ware. Well my computer went crazy. Couldn't hardly use it and was so slow it took forever to do anything. Have called them several times (foreigners that you can't understand) and they spent a long time supposly cleaning it up. Its still hard to use. Never had this problem until they messed with it. Requested they credit my credit card with the cost of the support ware (bug, scam, etc protection) take it off my computer, and they said they could not do that. What can I do not. I'm out 264.75.
Sincerely yours
Rosella Brooks
507 Ave B SE
Childress, Tx. 7901 ***@******.*** (###) ###-####
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
This was a scam that they have done Rosella, it's common and they will pretend to be a large organisation such as Microsoft, complete with Logo ect and try to connect to your computer to get funds from you.
First, in order to get them to refund you you are best to contact your credit card and have them revert the charges, as the company itself, likely based in India, will not do this.
Then I need to know, did you allow them access onto your computer via a program like Team Viewer, where they had remote control? As I want to ensure no viruses or anything was installed.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,