Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I mess up. was trying to reset my system back a week. could

Customer Question

I mess up. was trying to reset my system back a week. could not fine the start button.so I downloaded 8, 8.1 start up menu, I still can not fine the start button. now things just not working. I am trying to set back a week to trying get back to where I was, then speed up the system
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
You will be best to do a system restore in order to undo the changes that have been made. To do this, please follow my instructions below
Go to the Windows 8 Start Screen and type restore point. When the search results appear click on the Settings category.
Now click on the option labeled Create a restore point and you will be brought to the System Protection tab of the System Properties control panel.
Click on the System Restore button and you will be presented with the main screen for System Restore. Now click on the Next button and you will be shown a list of available restore points that you can restore.
Select the restore point you wish to restore by left-clicking on the entry once. Use a date when this was working, so before you did the changes
Then click on the Next button at the restore point selection screen. You will now be at a screen asking if you are sure you wish to perform the restore.
Click on the Finish button. System Restore will once again ask if you are sure you wish to continue. If you are sure, please click on the Yes button.
System Restore will now reboot your computer and begin the restore process. Please be patient as this can take quite some time.
Then it should be returned to how it was.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please