Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I Loaded Window 10 and lost my favorites and task bar. I am

Customer Question

I Loaded Window 10 and lost my favorites and task bar. I am lost
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Did you use Internet Explorer or Firefox or Chrome, etc. previously for internet / favorites?

What's the Taskbar? Is it for the menu File, Favorites, Print, etc.?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please try the following fix:

1. Click on Start (which is the Windows logo icon located at the bottom left of the computer's screen), then click on All apps

, then scroll down, then click on the item Windows Accessories

, then click on the item Internet Explorer.

2. If you do not see the toolbar / taskbar (with the options: File Edit View Favorites Tools Help) at the top, then do the followings:

, with in the Internet Explorer program, press and release the key Alt on your keyboard, then click on the View menu at the top, then select the option Toolbars, then click on the option Menu bar.

, then you can click on the menu Favorites on the top in order to see all your favorites there.

3. Right-click on the big green 'e' icon at the bottom, then click on the option Pin to Taskbar.

, then from now on, you can click on the big green 'e' icon at the bottom in order to open Internet Explorer / favorites quickly any time.

, (do not use the blue 'e' icon any more)

3. If needed, in Internet Explorer program, click on the star icon at the upper right corner

, then click on the left arrow icon below it

, if needed, under the option "Add to favorites", click on the tab Favorites.

When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you,