Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I'm performing Recovery Management on my Gateway Computer.

Customer Question

I'm performing Recovery Management on my Gateway Computer. The Program seems to be stuck @ 99% complete in the "Restore Systems - Updating Programs" Segment. It's been sitting @ 99% for about 45 minutes. Is this normal? If not what should I do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. That does not look normal as it should not take that long at 99%. It looks like it's stuck. Can you please press and hold the Power On/Off button on the computer for about 10 seconds, then turn it back on and check?

If that does not work, can you try the recovery process again?

Did you use the recovery cd disk? Or did you do the recovery in windows? Or did you use command keys to do the recovery?

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.