Shefin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

Just installed Windows 10 from 7 and now experience sceen

Customer Question

Just installed Windows 10 from 7 and now experience sceen fade out after the laptop remains idle for some 15 minutes. Have to go completely out and then back to bring screen back to normal. Any suggestions. Dwat
Category: Computer
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

The issue is because the computer set to go to sleep after 15 minutes. Please change the power plan to stay it awake.

Windows 10 provides the following default plans:

• Balanced - Offers full performance when you need it and saves power when you don't. This is the best power plan for most people.
  • Power saver - Saves power by reducing PC performance and screen brightness. If you're using a laptop, this plan can help you get the most from a single battery charge.
  • High performance - Maximizes screen brightness and might increase PC performance. This plan uses a lot more energy, so your laptop battery won't last as long between charges.
  • Custom power plan - These are only available if either your PC manufacturer (OEM) provided additional power plans, and/or you create a custom power plan. These are available to all users.

I would suggest you change the power plan for your wish and if needed, create new plan for your computer. Get instructions with pictures from the link below.

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2843-power-plan-settings-change-windows-10-a.html

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N