Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I set a passcode on my iphone and now cannot remember it I

Customer Question

i set a passcode on my iphone and now cannot remember it I had this happen just like in March after my first iphone 5c was stolen. just give me the facts so that i can just reset and move on pleaaase. Thanks lots
Category: Computer
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

If you cannot remember your password, it unfortunately cannot be recovered. The phone will have to be erased and set up again as if new.

You can do this yourself via itunes, however the itunes program is not compatible with chromebook.

You can do the restore from any itunes program though, on pc or mac, so if you have a friend/relative that has a computer you can borrow, you may do it there.

Alternately you can take the phone in to any apple store, and they'll do it for you.