IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I do not like Windows 8. How do I go back to Windows 7?

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

In order to go back to Windows 7, you will need to have a Windows 7 installation disc.
Do you have one?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the installation disk
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello again!
If you have the Windows 7 installation disk, then you can go ahead and use it to install Windows 7; however Windows does not support downgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 7 in a way that it will automatically save the installed programs and personal data, as it does when upgrading.
It will only offer you to do "Custom" installation which will ask you to delete or format the current Windows partition first in order to install Windows 7.
So, it would be like installing Windows from scratch. For that reason, you need to create a backup of all important data on your computer, such as documents, pictures, music, etc. Use a removable disk drive to store the data there.
You can easily re-install all the programs later, but make sure you have the product keys (serial numbers) written in a safe place. If you don't have them written, then it is possible to retrieve them from the installed programs. If you want to do that, let me know and I will provide a way to do it before you do any sort of re-installation.
To start with the Windows 7 installation, you need to insert the Windows 7 installation disk and restart the computer. The computer should then load the disk and start the Windows 7 setup.
If that doesn't happen, you will need to set booting from the CD/DVD drive in the BIOS.
Let me know if you require further assistance.
Regards,
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello again!
I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. If you do, let me know.
If you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my help to you using the rating box located in the upper right corner of the page (box with the stars).
Thanks,