Steve Gardner
Steve Gardner, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Engineer with a ton of computer experience.
329447

Looking pioneer plasma TV drivers 7

Customer Question

looking for a pioneer plasma TV drivers for windows 7
Category: Computer
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
- What type of cable used to connect computer to Pioneer TV?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot get the exact model number - (tv is fixed to the wall) but it is a Pioneer Elite Plasma 50" (about 10 years old)
I am using HDMI cable from a GigaByte PC using Intel 5500 display adapter
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info.

Have you tried to change screen resolution in Windows to get correct size picture on TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its only has two resolutions available:
1920x1080
or
1280x720
both have the same issue of the windows screen that is bigger (outside of the TV screen)
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, let me forward this question to computer experts as it is not related to TV nor any driver for Pioneer TV available to my knowledge. You wont need to do any thing but just wait as hopefully soon a computer tech will respond.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks - will wait for any input...
Expert:  Steve Gardner replied 1 year ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

This may actually be a TV question after all. First of all, there are no drivers available, nor do you actually need drivers. Let me ask you this: how much of the Windows desktop is 'off the screen'?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess the easiest way to measure it will be about an icon size on top and side of the screen.
In other words, if I have my icon desktops I will not see the first line of icons on the top and will not see the last column to the right.

Ok. All TVs have something called overscan. It is usually something like 5%. In other words, when you are watching ANY television show, about 5% of the picture is off the screen. You don't notice this because broadcasters allow for this when they transmit the program.

With a PC however, it is not being taken care of and you are missing the tops and sides of your desktop.

Most TVs have a PC mode which is also sometimes called 1:1 mapping and some other names. So we need to see if the Pioneer has this. So go into picture modes on the Pioneer and see what you can find. Without knowing the exact model, I cannot really help you find this. You will just have to look under (maybe) Picture Settings.

Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well I had a Dell Zino HD PC connected top the same TV and the windows screen was perfectly Ok - it was using NVIDIA display adapter.
When I switch to the new PC (GIGABYTE) which is using inter 5500 display adapter - the problem appeared.
I tried to see if there are any adjustment on the card but could not find one.

No. Not on the card, in your TV. Look under the picture settings in your Pioneer for a PC mode that will give pixel for pixel mapping.