Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

What should I do to Computer after downloading windows 10,

Customer Question

What should I do to Computer after downloading windows 10, now the keyboard and touchpad are not responding?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Your keyboard, is it a wireless keyboard, usb , or a built in keyboard on a laptop?

Also, do you have any mouse that works, currently?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Built in keyboard and no mouse.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

I see your request for remote tech support.

I cannot connect to the problem computer, if you cant sign in, or do not have internet access.

Im assuming you have no way to interact with the computer currently?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The computer can be turned on and it comes to the desktop screen, but there is no cursor available or keyboard that responds.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Is the computer touchscreen?

Do you have a usb mouse or keyboard we can try connecting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No keyboard or mouse that may be connected to laptop, plus it is not a touchscreen laptop.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Understood.. Im assuming you have tried turning the machine off and on a few times?

Also, could you clarify if its a laptop, or desktop machine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The laptop is a toshiba satellite P305 S8823. It has been turned on/off several times to only bring us back to desktop screen without use of cursor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still here?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Im still here.

Without usage of the keyboard or mouse, and without it being a touchscreen theres not a lot we can do.

If we had a usb keyboard we could repair the issues. You can pick one up cheaply at walmart or online.

This one is less then 10$ http://amzn.to/1HzX7bk

With a USB keyboard, we will be able to sign in. And then, download and update your touchpad driver, keyboard driver, and any other drivers that failed to install properly during the windows 10 install.

If you have any further questions, let me know. And if you want to continue, please send a message when you have a USB keyboard, and at that point I will gladly set a time to call you and assist you with the repairs over the phone.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I will go out and pick up a USB keyboard and contact you then.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Understood.. My shift is going to be over soon. But I will be working the next 7 days straight. So if I dont immediately respond when you return, rest assured I will message you before the nights done, so we can schedule a phone call.

If you can pick up a cheap usb mouse, usb keyboard combo that will make our task even easier~