Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Hp pavilion dv6 does not start bios When I press the power

Customer Question

hp pavilion dv6 does not start bios
When I press the power button, All I get is a few seconds of whir sound then the computer flashes the on/off and cap lock lights
Category: Computer
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know the response.

If you are using a Laptop :

Remove all external devices, CDs, AC Adapter and battery from the computer. Keep the AC Adapter and battery unplugged.
Hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds. (Nothing will appear on the display and none of the lights will light up.)
Plug in the ac adapter ONLY. (Please note that a power indicator light should be lit on the ac adapter when it is plugged in).
Normally power on the notebook.
If the unit does not power on, remove the ac adapter and insert the battery into the system.
Plug the ac adapter back into the system, the battery charging indicator light will light up.

If you are using a Desktop:

Remove all external devices, CDs, all cables including power, monitor, keyboard and mouse from the CPU. Then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. After doing the same, reinsert power, monitor and keyboard cables, and turn on the computer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a laptop, and it does the same thing as before.
it does not start the bios...
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

May I know the make and model number of the computer?

Please do the following the and let me know the exact response.

Remove battery and plug in the AC Adapter only. Let me know the response, even if it is a single blink from the power LED.

Then, remove AC Adapter and insert the battery only. Let me know the response, even if it is a single blink from the power LED.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
make: Pavilion dv6
Model: dv6-3120us
Just power plug: Power light stays on - Fan powers up for 10 seconds - Caps lock led flashes5 seconds off 2 seconds on
Just Battery:
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just battery: just the same as just power plugalso the WI-Fi led is on RED both power and battery
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

I apologize that I cannot contact you by phone.

Since you have tried removing Memory, and HDD, the issue might be with main board and I would suggest you consult with a local technician to get the issue resolved. Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

Thank you.

S H E F I N