Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I downloaded windows 10 that I had reserved,now I cant get

Customer Question

I downloaded windows 10 that I had reserved,now I cant get my password ***** was using to open windows 8.1 to work. I,m using my old vista to write this. I didnt make a DVD or flash of my password ***** and cant get pastt the login password ***** do anything, can you help?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

When you start windows 10, is it showing an email address on the sign in page? Or does it only show a username and not an email?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the only think showing is user name ( P Thomas 81 ) and the place to enter password. When I put the Flash stick in and enter new password ***** gives me and error message.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Lets forget the flash stick for now. Remove it.

Then restart the computer, and then on the login screen hit enter so it shows the password ***** with your username above it.

Does it show an email address on that page? ( please doublecheck)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it dont show & emall.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there ???
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Im here.. apologies for the delay.

May I ask if you are using a wireless keyboard? Also.. when you were using windows 8.1 , did you have it attached to a microsoft account?

Hotmail outlook, msn, etc ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only thing I know for sure is I,m not wireless, I dont know about the other things
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
before Igot the windows 10 I logged in with my gmail password
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

If you try your gmail password.. It wont accept it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesnt look like we are doing any good Dustin so I,m going to get off of here, I,m 84 yrs old and dont stay on the computer that long ever so take care buddy better luck next time.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Understood.

It may be that you need to clean install windows 10.. Which will wipe out your data and programs, but will get rid of the password ***** get the computer working again.

If you would like to continue this conversation another time, later this week. Youre welcome to do so.

Other then that I hope you enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

Dustin S.