Freddy M.
Freddy M., Support Specialist
Experience:  Years of experience in the IT field and in customer support.
15852642

Upgraded to windows 10 pro, now machine will not start edge.

Customer Question

upgraded to windows 10 pro, now machine will not start edge. when selected the start page flashes, approx. second and goes away. cannot get to internet in any fashion. Tried resetting back to restore point when first loaded and no joy.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. You most likely used internet explorer before and not edge. Click the search box and type in internet. Open internet explorer and see if that works properly please. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It did not work. IE page comes up with homepage (google) in search bar but no content in main page.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Can you explain that a little more? What do you mean by main page? What exactly does it say?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IE main page comes up with the search bar, back/forward buttons. below the search bar it has the file, edit, view, favorites, tools, and help. But the main page is blank.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Is it completely white or is there an error in the main box? If there is an error I would need that. If the it is all white look at the bottom corners does either side have any type of message? Click the windows search next to the start and type in network. Click network and sharing center, does it say you are connected?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The screen is white, no message. Yes I am connected to network.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a browser like firefox you can test with? Chrome, edge, and internet explorer all share the same settings. So testing with any of them would not work.
.