Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

Loading Win 10, and hangs up with black & window and circle

Customer Question

Loading Win 10, and hangs up with black & white window and circle below that just continues to rotate. Cact to get to desktop or even usr mouse. Need help!
Raff Rafferty***@******.*** (###) ###-#### ***** Thanks.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

please disregard the parts that you cant do or have already tried and go on to the next option. These are my standard instructions for this problem and people have it stuck on different levels of access.

I will be going offline for the night but if you can try them and just let me know if nothing works or you need further instructions on how to attempt something

If this is the first time it has started after the upgrade and you have not done so try just restarting the computer. sometimes that straightens it out

otherwise
If you can get the windows 10 desktop

right click on the start button
and select SETTINGS
then accounts and recovery
that should give you repair options you can try

if you cant get anywhere on the desktop but you can get to the sign in screen

at the sign in screen before you log in
there should be a button to restart the computer on the right hand side
if you hold the shift key on the keyboard down while selecting the restart option
it should bring you to a page with some repair options that you can try.

if you can not get the computer to do anything useful at all than you need a boot disk ( actually a flash drive)
you can create the flash drive using the program that you download from this page
make sure that you select the option to create a flash drive for use on other machines

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

you can put that flash drive in the computer and restart it and it should reboot from the flash drive that will give you some repair options you can try including going back to your original operating system or re installing the windows 10 totally

this post shows all of the options that you can use from the windows boot drive including how to make sure that the computer will actually boot from the flash drive

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2569556/safe-mode-windows.html