Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I had received notification that I had to upgrade in order

Customer Question

I had received notification that I had to upgrade in order to keep 48gb I already in dropbox, It gave me the screen to upgrade on my phone, I put in all my info would not accept the expiration date of card which was correct. I then went to dropbox.com on my computer to upgrade but for some reason it gave me a new account because I thought my dropbox was linked to***@******.*** and the aol e-mail account until after the purchase was made and I went to my dropbox settings and did not see the extra space. I paid for a yearly subscription (99.00) which included two months free. the e-mail confirmation I got said it was upgraded and gave me a transaction id of b6z7xcb. My present dropbox did not upgrade however I can see this new account with nothing in it. Is there anything you can help me with in order to not lose my information by somehow merging the aol account you have on file with the [email protected] account If you need more information please ask
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

They can not switch the extra storage to the new account

what you CAN do is switch the email addresses on the two accounts so that you start using the new larger account with the old email address. Or you can merge the two accounts and use the old email address.

this page gives detailed instructions on how to do either one.

https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/5093

the instructions are much easier to follow on a computer than a phone. But once you complete them on a computer it should work on the phone

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

I can do the phone call and even work on my computer to help fix it for you or remote into your computer but it may have to be late tonight or sometime tomorrow before i would be free to do it with you.