IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

My yahoo account finishes with .com but reason my mail is

Customer Question

My yahoo account finishes with .com but for some reason my mail is .ca & because of thiso can't access my my xbox live account because i can't receive my verification code.
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Please type your Xbox account here and I will check for available options for you to regain access to it.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MisTa WaLLaCe)
That's my account and i forgot my password, & now can't access it because of my yahoo.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

From what I can see, there is a yahoo.com e-mail registered to that Xbox account.

Let me request a new verification code to be sent there. Please type your full Yahoo! e-mail address here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

I will now request a new verification code to be sent there. Once you receive it, please type the code here.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Did you get a code?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i did not get the code my account is .com but my mail section is .ca its been around 9 years i have this account but only used it for xbox live
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have trying been trying to recover my account 4 years now on & off ever since i sold my old xbox without remembering my password.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

You only see the localized Yahoo! Mail page, which is Yahoo! Canada. Your e-mail account is still the same one.

Since receiving a verification code didn't work, there are other options to reset the password.

One of them is to provide an answer to the security question: Mother's birthplace

Do you know the answer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My account is so old i don't remember what i was thinking when i was 16/17 i'm 25 now, i tried my mothers birth place & all other answers that i thought would work i have nothing, its frustrating.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

I see.

Have you already tried with the Microsoft (Xbox) account recovery form where you need to answer some questions about you and your account in order to prove you are the owner of the account, so that the Microsoft can reset the password ***** you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The weird thing is when i first tried to sign in a while ago it said there was no account by***@******.*** so i signed up with that same one & now i have a yahoo.ca & yahoo.com sinked together i can sign with either or.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But i have an xbox live account with***@******.*** that i made when i was 16 as proof.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i tried that already but it was so long ago & when i was young i never cared about filling out the information all correctly, i would put nicknames & things that it did not work, but i do remember my mom had her credit cards on it, so her name must be there.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

If nothing worked, your last change is to try with the Microsoft support phone number and get to the Xbox support department. If you ever paid for Xbox subscription or made any kind of payment using "*****@******.***" account, they should be able to help you, especially if you know the owner of the credit card you used.

Here is the phone number (a US phone number): 1-***-***-****

On the phone menu, say "home" or press 1, then wait a bit and say "billing" or press 2, and then say "Xbox" or press 1

I hope this helps! Unfortunately, there is no other option available, other than those what you have already tried.

Regards,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome!

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Before you leave, please take a moment to rate my assistance using the rating box with the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.