Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Networks & Security Engineer
76221641

How do I delete ASK search from my 8.1 package?

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

I'm sorry about the issue, what browser you are using please? firefox, google chrome or internet explorer

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Internet Explorer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I desire to have Yahoo as my home page. Any attempt to conduct a search on Yahoo immediately shifts the query to the ASK search page.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

To remove Ask.com Desktop Search:

- Click on Start
- Select Programs from the pull-up menu
- Select Ask.com Desktop Search
- Click Uninstall

Once you finish, open Internet explorer, Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.

restart your computer and reopen internet explorer, On the Tools menu, click Internet Options. Click the General tab.

In the Address box, type the Web page address that you want for your home page. (www.yahoo.com)

Hope this help

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. If you have a moment please rate my service by clicking on one of the faces below, positive ratings are appreciated.
if you still need help, please reply back to me and i will gladly continue to help you
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for my delayed response. In the interim since our first contact I have downloaded Windows 10. ASK Search is still embedded on my computer. I have tried the suggestions you have provided (which I had previously tried on my own) and have had no success in deleting the ASK Search toolbar. Have any other suggestions?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need help please?

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In my response I mentioned that since my initial query I installed Windows 10. I tried your suggestions to delete ASK search in Widow 10, but with no success. Is there another approach to finally deleting ASK search?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Please follow these steps :

A-First :

1-Launch Internet Explorer browser and click the option Tools.
2-Choose the option Manage Add-ons from the sub menu that opens.
3-From the Manage Add-ons window, locate Ask toolbar and remove the check mark in the box for Enabled.
4-Select Search Providers. First of all, choose another search engine (Google, yahoo, Bing) and make it your default search provider (set as default).
5-Then select Ask Search and click Remove button to uninstall it (lower right corner of the window).
6-Restart Internet Explorer.

B-Next :

1-Open again Internet explorer, Click the Tools button, and then click Internet/option Options.

2-Restart your computer and reopen internet explorer, On the Tools menu, click Internet Options. Click the General tab. In the Address box, type the Web page address that you want for your home page. (www.yahoo.com)

C-Once you finish please :

1-Open settings and click/tap on the System icon.
2-In System settings, click/tap on App & features on the left side. (see screenshot below)
http://tinyurl.com/ovtmjmu

3-On the right side, Find ask search program then click Uninstall.

4-Restart your computer and check.

Let me know if you need further help please

Thank you