IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

Windows 10 new build install went perfect, intel SSD WD HDD

Customer Question

windows 10 new build install went perfect, intel SSD for OS WD HDD for storage{1TB} it sees it but in settings storage it doesn't let me tell it were to put pictures documents it just shows the SSD it doesn't have the HDD as a option for back-up or anything?
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

To confirm, you installed Windows 10 to SSD which is shown as "C:" disk drive, but you want to store your personal documents and backups to another disk drive, for example to "D:".
Is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't even find the WD HDD in devices it just shows the SSD and the 2 optical drives I have. it does however show up in device manager, but I can do nothing with it.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Oh, I see.

Please start Windows Explorer. Do you see other disk drives except the "C:" disk drive that is your SSD?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
now we're talking $47?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Please note that I am only a Computer Expert here on the site, and cannot see how much money you deposited, nor see any other billing-related information.

I only see your question description.

If you have billing-related questions, you need to contact the JustAnswer customer support.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/customer-support

To continue with the SSD/HDD problem troubleshooting, reply here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In windows explorer I only see the SSD "C" and to 2 optical drives
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
far you ain't doing that well except trying to milk me
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Since I cannot see your computer screen as you do, I rely on your input here. I simply want to confirm what you see before I provide the instructions for you. I hope you don't mind my questions.

OK, it looks like the HDD hasn't been initialized or formatted yet. To do that, please move the mouse cursor over the Windows Start button, and right-click it. There select Disk Management. When the Disk Management opens, it should detect your non-initialized HDD and offer to initialize it, so you can click OK to do that.

However, if you don't see such option, you will need to do that manually. Right-click on the HDD where it says "Not Initialized" and select Initialize Disk, and click OK.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you can now access the HDD.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you left ALOT out but you got me going in the right direction, problem solved!
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi again!
We were in the chat mode, so I wanted to provide one set of instructions at a time.
After I provided the instructions on how to initialize the HDD, you didn't respond to confirm if they worked or not.
Now I see the problem appears to be solved. I am glad it is!
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Just to confirm, have you moved the location of "My Documents", "My Pictures", and other folders from the SSD (C:) disk drive to the HDD (D:) disk drive?