Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I am the administrator on my father's Microsoft account and

Customer Question

I am the administrator on my father's Microsoft account and his computer. Since upgrading to Windows 10, it is asking for "Administrator's Password" and it has been too long for me to remember it. can you help me get it changed? Xxxx Xxxxxxx
Category: Computer
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! Phil - what screen are you on exactly? Is it displaying any username that you recognize?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Microsoft account
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Does it display any username? Or just "Administrator"?

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

If it is in fact the Microsoft Account and not the local computer administrator password ***** is asking for, you can user another computer to go to this page: https://account.live.com/password/reset to reset the associated password ***** the account

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The account is***@******.***, However I show as administrator and I can't remember what the password ***** when we set him up several years ago.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

If you can't remember that password, you might have to completely reinstall windows, unless you are able to reset it using the link I sent

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried everything you suggested and it has not helped. I am completely frustrated. I do not expect to be charged for this secession.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Sorry you aren't satisfied, I will opt out of this question to allow another expert to try to assist you.

Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry about the issue. I'm another expert; I can fix this issue for you.
Do you still have access to that comcast email address?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Don't worry, we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you, ***** ***** looking at another service. I don't expect to be charged for this.

I can fix this issue, and we guarantee our service. But no problem; we are canceling your deposit per your request. If you still need help with this issue later or with any other computer issue, please come back any time as you wish; we guarantee our service. Thank you.