Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I just got informed that I was attached in Manila and need

Customer Question

I just got informed that I was attached in Manila and need money. Obviously I have been hacked. This was sent to me and all my friends as well
It happened a month ago as well--in the Ukraine that time. I joined webroot to protect myself from this
What do I do now? Can you stop this. I have automatic scans going on so how could this happen...again
Frustrated!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

These types of scams and spamming of e-mails are becoming extremely common these days.

This happens due to following reasons:
by users unknowingly having their password ***** from a fake login page or from web sites that users have signed up on with a password ***** their e-mail password
secondly weak passwords that are easily guessed by computers constantly trying to gain access to an e-mail account.
Accounts are also compromised if the user responds to any emails requesting personal details like the account password, answer to security questions, etc.

Spammers are desperate for 'fresh' accounts like yours because the chance that it will get flagged as 'spam' (at first) is very low, versus most spam that never makes it to a user's inbox.

Here is what you need to do right away: Please change your password ***** away to avoid having this occur in the future. If you need assistance with changing your password, please Reply and let me know.

Once you change your password, the spammer who is accessing your account from a different location will no longer have access to it and you will be fine. However, please use a different password ***** now on for your e-mail versus any other web site, and use at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, and a number, like [email protected]#. Avoid first/last names, pet names, date of birth, anniversaries, etc. Those are much too common.

Try running a tool for any hidden pup file or malwares from the given link below.
http://bit.ly/1IMgj6w

Download and install malawrebyte and run the scan this will take care of the problem.