Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Help! I didn't know what I was doing with feed burner and

Customer Question

Help!
I didn't know what I was doing with feed burner and messed up my website.
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm new to podcasting and signed up for feedburner to find out about new ways to publish my website and my podcast. I don't remember all the details, but I basically ended up giving feed burner the domain to my website somehow, because now when I click on my website from another browser it redirects to a feed burner page and is worthless.I'm in over my head and need someone who knows how to work with feed burner to help me reclaim my domain. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My page is danieljohnsonmd.com/podcast. For some reason now it redirects to feed://danieljohnsonmd.com/podcast. I totally didn't know what I was doing and messed up. I didn't remember giving feed burner my website id though. Anyhow, I knew I was over my head with feed burner so I tried deleting it. I clicked the box that said permanent redirect I think and now somehow I've lost control over my own website.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really need that "danieljohnsonmd.com/podcast" to be reclaimed. I deleted my feed burner account and can't log back in. I had it associated with google account***@******.***.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.
I had a look at the URL you posted and the website comes up for me, without the feed:// in front.
Does it still show like that for you?
If so, what browser are you using?
Please reply using the box below.
Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The folks at Godaddy fixed it for me last night by going into the database revising my wordpress installation to one day prior, 8-4-2015. They charged me 80 dollars for this, which I guess is my fault cause I got way over my head.Anyhow, now I'm trying to republish the first episode of my podcast from Libsyn to my Wordpress account using the "OnPublish" feature. Unfortunately it won't publish now, and when I hit the "Test Connection" button on my Libsyn page I'm getting either "invalid blog web address" or "invalid username and/or password". The response seems to vary even though I'm putting in the right credentials. Do you have any experience with this?Thanks again for your help.Daniel
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
I have experience with similar problems and with GoDaddy - I would recommend not renewing your contract with them and going with someone like HostGator instead, they fix all these problems for you for free 24/7
Sounds like GoDaddy might have messed something up with the SQL server or the logon info for the SQL server on your page. I would contact them again and tell them the guy that fixed the other problem seems to have caused a new problem for you, they should fix it for you for free.
I would try get the most out of those $80 since they shouldn't be charging for that kind of support.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I haven't heard back from you, do you still need help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well there's two other things, in case you know anything about either.One is - since I updated my godaddy database, after the feedburner fiasco, now when I try to use Libsyn's OnPublish feature to publish directly to my podcast's homepage danieljohnsonmd.com/podcast from my libsyn feed, danieljohnsonmd.libsyn.com, it tells me "invalid blog web address" even though it's not invalid. This results in me having to embed the episode manually on the page, and it just doesn't look as good.The other thing is, within the dashboard of my wordpress site, danieljohnsonmd.com, when I click on pages, where my podcast feed is listed as my "posts" like a blog, when I try to update the permalink to "danieljohnsonmd.com/podcast", it won't let it do that, maintaining a listing of "danieljohnsonmd.com/podcast-2" when I hit enter. This one sounds silly I guess, cause it's still working at the moment when I hit it manually, or when I link to it off my page. But it would be nice. There's some hangup that I just can't figure out within my wordpress I'm sure. Any help would be wonderful.If this isn't your field then you can disregard this.Thanks for all your help.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, good to hear from you.
It is not exactly my field but I could look into it if you like? It might be better if I could get a first hand look at what you mean through wp-admin