Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

My computer doesn't see the network I'm close to but shows

Customer Question

My computer doesn't see the network I'm close to but shows others. Won't connect to any. When I Che ked msinfo32 it shows many stopped drivers...help!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
I am an Information Technology Professional with over 15 years of professional experience. I am the technician assigned to your case today. I look forward to working with you and resolving this problem.
May I ask for the brand and model name of your wireless router or your wireless modem?
Once I have the above requested information, I will be able to give you the correct answer.
I look forward to your response,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Toshiba Satellite windows 8
Thank you for the update.
How about this; can you plug the problem wireless computer into the router or modem with a cable and allow me to remote into it so I can setup the wireless connection?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jason, I've turned my wireless on n off many times. I'm in a public setting. Thus is not an issue where that is the problem. I believe woth all the drivers stopped that's an issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
You stated that you can see other signals, but not the one you are trying to connect to. Is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no problem with the wifi/modem, the problem is my computer Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.
You stated that you could see other wireless signals earlier. I am asking you if I understood that correctly or not.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But also, to test if it's with that system, I decided to try my mobile hotspot, and that won't work either, it says my pass code is not cirrect, but it is. I have no way to plug into any modems.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
it sees signals, but when you try and connect to them, it doesn't work.
Please, follow the instructions below:
- While holding down the Windows key, press the letter R key.
- Type: devmgmt.msc
- Click Ok > Yes/Continue
- Click the plus sign next to Network Adapters
- Right click the Wireless Adapter's Icon
- Choose Uninstall. Uninstall Device.
- Right click another item in the list and choose "Scan for Hardware Changes"
- Choose to automatically install the device (click next > next > Finish)
Once that is complete, attempt to connect to a wireless signal again. Was there any change?
I look forward to hearing your feedback concerning whether or not that helped.
I hope to hear back that it is working.
I will be standing by,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, working on it. And yes it sees some avaiable networks but not the one it should see, that's 5 feet away, and that router is fine, because it works for e eryone else and works on my phone...just fyi
I look forward to your update.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The networks it sees from other stores are not available to me, and it still doesn't see the one I'm ting to connect to. Fyi, I already did this process like 10 times.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you would say, did u try reinstalling the wireless driver, I would have said yes:-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Silk here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still here?
Okay. What else have you done?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried every sing from cleaning out every aspect of my computer, optimizing my drives, resetting the router at the public restaurant and anything else I can think of it as just maintenance work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doing voice to text, so not oerfect!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I asked for a call because it may be quicker to fix
It still isn't possible for you to plug the computer into the modem/router with a cable temporarily so that I can remote in and resolve this for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've asked, but they don't have a cord.
They don't have one single network cord that you can use anywhere? You can use one that they are using now (unplug it from another device) for a few minutes so that I can fix it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hear ya, it's a fitness club...huge place...no one seems to understand. Hang on
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He said they can't find one...omg, nuts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm tempted to just drive to a small coffee shop n try it there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Traveling, or this would be easy to go home and do
Wow, that blows my mind, but I suppose that is the situation. Do you want to continue later when you have an Ethernet cable? One can be purchased at any store that sells computer items.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not a cord issue as much as it is to connect, I've just asked for their IT guy, hang on...brb
Thank you.-
-
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm going to a coffee shop or something, hiw will I reach u when I'm plugged in?
Post a message on this page. After you do that, I will give the website information for the remote.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alight, I'll keep this chat open. If lost, how would I connect to u agsin, so I'm starting over with someone else?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, I requested a call, we're you going to call?
If you lose me, just come back to this page and log in. www.justanswer.com
No, I'm sorry, a phone call is not possible right now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thx
Thank you.
-
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jason, or whomever is working now. I've tried everywhere to plug into a modem and not one business would allow it. What other ways can you solve this? Toshiba support said they could solve it without doing that but they charge too much, which is why I thought I'd try this service.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anyone out there, plz reply.
Are you able to sign into any wireless signal at all?