IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

Unable to "send" e-mail. Can receive only.

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Do you remember making any changes to your computer recently that might have caused that problem with the e-mails?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK.
Since there could be several possible causes of the problem, I would like to start remote desktop assistance to your computer so that I can see the problem myself and help you solve it.
Let me know if you agree.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I did...I did it unknowingly and would not know what in the world it was that I changed.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
No problem.
I could remotely access your computer and check the issue for you.
Would you like me to do that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!
In order for me to connect to your computer, you need to download a remote desktop connection program and start it.
We can use TeamViewer. Here is how to start it:
1. Go to http://www.teamviewer.com
2. Just below the green Download button, click on the Join Remote Control Session link
3. TeamViewer file will automatically start downloading. Once done, locate the file and double-click it in order to start it. The file is named TeamViewerQS
4. When started, you should see a blue window that contains numbers - ID and Password ***** type those numbers here so that I can connect
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is talking on the phone an extra $20 above the $18 I initially signed up for? I do not want any free service for anything else. I rarely use this computer and if it is going to cost me more than I signed up for...then I will just forget it and use my phone. It seems that this service is very interested in getting you to sign up for services and not getting to the problem. I will try the Geek Squad instead if this is not going to get resolved.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
You may see some additional services on the site that costs more. You don't need to use them.
I suggested to remotely connect to your computer which will be for free this time.
I provided the instructions on how to start remote desktop assistance, so please follow them in case you still require my assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do not call me if you want an additional $20
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You keep switching people,..no wonder there is no answer!
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
As I just explained, we don't need to use any additional services such as a phone call since they cost you more.
Please read all my responses here first.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do not see any ID or Password, just files.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

If you followed the instructions, a file named TeamViewerQS should have been downloaded. Please look for that file in your Downloads folder - where downloaded files usually go.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going to have to terminate this issue right now because I have an errand to run and other things going on.
Thanks anyway...
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

No problem.

You can come back to this page at any time and send me a message whenever you want to continue.

This page will remain open for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just wrote a reply to an e-mail from justanswer.com in regards ***** ***** and hit "send" and it got sent!! My problem is fixed somehow???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess you can close this page..
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

It could be. To check that, you can create a new e-mail and send it to yourself.

Let me know if you will then be able to see the same e-mail in both Sent and Inbox folders.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did that. It showed up only in the Sent box,..not the Inbox
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Then it seems the problem is still there.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Let me know when you are available for remote desktop assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Probably,..but I have to call it a day for now. Thanks
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Sure, no problem.

Regards,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My computer must have had a glitch because after awhile my e-mail that I sent to myself showed up in both places..inbox and send.
Sorry to have bothered you at all.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi again!
It's not a problem. It is possible that you experienced a temporary problem.
However, if the problem returns, let me know here so that I can help you solve it.
Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank-you for your patience.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome!