Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I upgraded to windows 10, but I 't like it.I would like to

Customer Question

I upgraded to windows 10, but I don't like it.I would like to reinstall windows 8 on my computer and I have the disk in my cd-rom drive
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you. It seems you are not the only one to have issues with windows 10. Even though they are slowly pushing out the update bugs are still being found. If you would like to go back to windows 7 here is how you do that.

First open the Windows Start menu by clicking on the icon in the bottom left of the screen. Select Settings from the menu. Next you’ll see on option for Update & Security. Click it.

On the next page you’ll find a list of options on the left, one of which is Recovery. Click this and the main pane will display a variety of choices. The one you want is ‘Go back to Windows x’ where x will be 8 or 8.1 depending on what your computer was running. Click 'Get started' to begin. Please note if you’re using a laptop you’ll also need to connect it to a power source or the option won’t work.

Next you should get a screen asking you why you are removing windows 10 which you need to fill in.

Before Windows will start the process it gives a couple more opportunities to cancel, and also reminds you that if you had a password ***** your previous version of Windows then you’ll require it once the process is finished so make sure you know your password.

Click next to begin the rollback, it could take some time so be patient but you shouldn't need to do anything further. Just let it do it's thing and it should reboot and you will be back with windows 8 as it was before you updated.

Please take a moment please rate my service by clicking on one of the smiley faces below. You can always return to this page to talk with me any time.

Thanks,

Chris