Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I've been using my Avermedia A188C Pcie card number of years

Customer Question

I've been using my Avermedia A188C Pcie card for a number of years with Windows Media Center (for recording and playback). The TV guide for it has expired and all attempts to fix it have failed. So, I've gone to the Avermedia website and downloaded the lastest software (A188C_MCS.1.7.9.13112201_Drv_1.3.x.107_20131202.exe). After installation and running the program, if I select either TV or Settings, it gives the message "Can't finr Avermedia TV tuner cards!" My device manage shows that the card is present and working.
Any ideas?
Thanks.
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

To confirm, the original Avermedia program stopped working by its own, or it stopped working after you have made a change to your computer, such as installing or uninstalling programs?
Let me know,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I never use Avermedia software originally. I'd been using Windows Media Center, but it's no longer supported.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK.
You should be able to use the Avermedia program then.
However, if it cannot detect the TV card, please access the Device Manager, locate the TV card there and uninstall its drivers by right-clicking the TV card item and selecting Uninstall. Confirm by clicking OK.
After that, restart your computer.
Windows will automatically re-install the TV card drivers after the restart. Check if the Avermedia program will then work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had already done that and it didn't work.I've given up on the Avermedia program and I'm now using NextPVR, which does work with my Avermedia card.
Thanks for your efforts.Dave
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi again!
OK, thanks for letting me know.
In case you encounter any other problem, let me know so that I can assist you.
Regards,