Freddy M.
Freddy M., Support Specialist
Experience:  Years of experience in the IT field and in customer support.
15852642

I WANT TO UPGRade to Windows 10. Will it move all my files

Customer Question

I WANT TO UPGRade to Windows 10 for free. Will it move all my files at that time. I am 84 years old and don't want to cause any trouble. Barbara
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
The windows 10 upgrade is a direct upgrade and works the same way as a windows update.
All your personal files and programs will still be there after updating.
The ready for windows 10 means you are in the que for it, and when it is ready for your computer it will download.
If you want to force it to update early instead of waiting in the que let me know.
I suggest doing that using remote support but there is an extra charge.
The extra charge would be $20 and is completely optional.
If you do not want to do it that way I can walk you through doing it yourself here step by step.
If this did not work or you want to do the forceful update, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.