IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

Upgraded from Win7 home edition to Win10...ater that I

Customer Question

Upgraded from Win7 home edition to Win10...ater that I updated this Phoenix Securecode utility, now sure it made some changes in BIOS and now it is not gong ahead. Help?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Before restoring what happens exactly when you start the computer?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I started my Win10 after a successful install. Then wanted to have a face Recognition feature enabled and some how I got this Phoenix SecureCOde Tiano Utility and hence installed itbut looks like it has made changes in the bios and now it is not just progressing...how do I get rid of this change?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
I need to know what you mean by it is not progressing? What is it doing exactly when you start it up?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It shows me a screen of the startup menu which freezes the progress and does not go ahead to windows startup...I am capturing the screen shot of that screens and sending now.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, please post it here do not email it or it will not go to anyone.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pls see this when I restart my laptop Lenovo Ideapad Z580, I am getting that screen and then thats the menu under the Setup options...as you can see easily...Kindly help me out asap. I am stuck completely.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
one more file
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Try this please, when that comes upt press F9, then press F10.
Once done press ESC and if asked choose yes, then let me know what it does.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to App Menu and in all the setups, selected the defaults and then saved and exit, but again it is showing the same initial screen. No change with the inputs...Any more suggestion?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any usb devices or anything like that connected to it right now?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not anymore, however while upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I installed it using USB where I had created the MEdia Setup for Windows installations.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok check the boot priority/order in the BIOS then make sure the USB options are listed last. You want your internal HDD to be listed first.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No luck, same status, I am just working on Boot options, now HDD, CD, IPV4, IPV6 and then USB FDD, USB CD and USB HDD, but no luck, again I am being shown the same original screen that is not disappearing...
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I am out of ideas so I will opt out and open this to all experts.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay so better we close this thread and the questions as well. Believe, I will not be charged more than $5 now. I am clueless as no luck for my question now.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

If you still require assistance with this issue, please do the following:
1. Completely turn off the laptop
2. Disconnect the power connector from the laptop as well as any other hardware that is connected (mouse, printer, external hard disk drive, etc)
3. Turn the laptop over and remove the laptop battery
4. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds, then release it
5. Now re-connect the battery and the power adapter and turn the laptop on. See if it will boot to Windows
If it is still the same, enter the Phoenix SecureCore Setup again and then go to the Exit tab and select Load Setup Settings. Confirm when asked and then do not exit the Setup, but select the "OS Optimized Defaults" option which is currently set to "Win8 64bit". See if you can select any other value there.
If yes, change it and then select Exit Saving Changes in the Exit tab and confirm. The computer will then restart.
Check if there are any changes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Miro, I got the solution from my friend and now I am able ro start windows properly so now I am happy for you to close the ticket and pls note and ensure that no further fees are charged. However your solution was not tried. Let me know if you wish to know what I did and am happy to share. Regards ***** *****
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, Pankaj!
I am glad to see the problem is now solved!
Sure, let me know what your friend suggested to you.
Regarding the charges: as far as I can see, you haven't signed up for any sort of monthly subscription, so there won't be any additional charges.
Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My friend advised me to go to boot tab and change boot mode to Legacy instead of UEFI and boot first as legacy. I did that and the input worked perfectly fine. Hope this helps you in someone's question. But would like to thank you for all your efforts Freddy n Miro. Regards ***** *****
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK, great. Thanks for sharing!
If you require any other assistance, let me know. I will do my best to help you.
Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was unfortunate that despite not real help from you on my solution I was charged all 35USD. I had checked with you and Miro you had confirmed that only 5USD will be debited. This is unfair to me. Kindly refund USD30 to my card at the earliest.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
I will transfer your request to the JustAnswer customer service.
Regards,