Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I 't have any money to pay you. if you cant help me please

Customer Question

hi, I don't have any money to pay you for help. if you cant help me please direct me to a place where I can talk or write about that I think I have been scammed. thank you very much. I have arrived at your site after searching for direct help from Microsoft. for past hour. am currently holding with Microsoft direct line and all I get is advertising about windows 10. unbelievable. karen
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I have been scammed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i hung up on my call to Microsoft.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
initially i wrote that i don't have any money to pay you but i have paid from my credit card. i indicated this is an urgent matter. please help me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i guess i will have to wait. i'll check my email later. hmmm
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

what is the actual issue you are having problems with

and if you accepted an additional service for a phone cal it should give you a place to put your phone number

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello Robert, I see that you are "online" now. the background to my "problem" is this: i need to pay a balance of $79 on 4th august to a company called Eximbay. they are affiliated with (i think they take the money for) the company America Software.net. that is the company that called me directly early in July this year telling me that my pc was 89% corrupted. they said that they are a service center for Windows.
I would rather talk with you now. can I call you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, I can't afford the extra $20. are you available now to write? i have only 1/2 hour to communicate with you now. otherwise we will have to continue this conversation later this afternoon (I'm in California) or tomorrow.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the actual problem I have is that I think American-Software.net scammed me. i wanted to pay the balance of $79 (i already paid them $150) so i tried to find their contact in my notes from early July this year that i made while they were fixing my pc. but I can't get in touch with them. this has made me suspicious about their legitimacy. this is my problem! I think they took advantage of my trust and scammed me.
I don't understand your comment about "give you a place to put your phone number". please explain.
I'm asking your expertise to help me discover if their activity in my pc was legitimate or if they got into my pc for other reasons.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear ***** M., it's been 1/2 hour now and I have to end this conversation now. I look forward to your replies via email later this afternoon. I appreciate your assistance. Karen. 9:10am 8/2
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

Probably was a scam especially if they called you to tell you about the problem they had to fix

Call the number on the back of your credit card and dispute the charges. They will put the money back in your account and probably issue you a new card so they can't charge you again

You should also run a virus protection program like malwarebytes to make sure that they can't get into your PC again without your knowledge.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware/