Michael Norman
Michael Norman, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  Director of Technology
77547562

Why won't me live mail open. it starts up a message appears

Customer Question

why won't me live mail open.
it starts up a message appears live mail has stopped working.
A problem caused the program to stop working and will shut down.
It never opens.
Thank you Mark
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michael Norman replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is, Mike. I'd like to try and assist you with your issue. The first thing you should do is to try to access your Live mail from a different browser like Firefox or Internet Explorer. If you can access your mail from a different browser then the issue is with Chrome. Try deleting your temporary Internet Files and Cookies in Chrome then try accessing your mail again. If the issue persists then you may need to uninstall and reinstall Chrome.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried all the web browsers and get the same message.
I was going to remove program and reinstall but i figured i would lose all my contacts.
I can't get my contacts without the program opening
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After uninstalling chrome. When I click on live mail I get the rotating circle then nothing
What is your normal process for accessing Live mail? Do you go to the website or do you have it connected to Outlook?
Do you have problems accessing any other websites?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I access it from the task bar on its own
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its the only program not working
Okay. Now from which task bar? One in the browser or the bottom task bar on from Windows?
What happens when you go to Outlook.com using the web browser and sign in? Outlook.com is also where you go to sign into Live Mail. If you are accessing it from the task bar then that is called "pinning" essentially just a placeholder. You may have to delete it from the task bar and re-pin it.
See instructions here:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Pin-a-program-to-the-taskbar
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the bottom task bar from windows
Follow the instructions I provided and you will need to re-pin it to your task bar.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried everything you have suggested and nothing works
are you saying that you can't even access Live Mail by going to the website Outlook.com from your browser?
Have you tried running a System Restore. Click on the Windows Start button, and in the search bar type "System Restore" and press enter. When the Restore Wizard window pops up you are going to want to choose a restore point that goes back to before you started experiencing this issue. Let the system run the System Restore and then try again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the system restore only goes back to before windows 10 and it wasn't working before that. I was hoping windows 10 would fix it.
When i run the trouble shooter it comes up with a screen that says there is a compatibility problem detected
What I'm having a hard time understanding is that you say you can't even access your Live Mail if you go to the website Outlook.com and log in. You should be able to open any browser (without clicking on the icon on the task bar) and go directly to the website and login. Then you should be able to repin it once you log in again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can go to outlook and sign in but live mail still won't work. the trouble shooter says there's a compatibility issue detected.
I click on the fix button and it doesn't work.I don't care about live mail but my contacts are in that program and to export them by opening the program.it won't open.
Here are a couple of other tutorials that you may try:
http://www.stickypc.com/blog/?tag=windows-live-mail-wont-start
Or:
http://spectrum.niceboard.org/t568-tutorial-how-to-fix-windows-live-mail-won-t-open
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried all those fixes and it won't work. I'll have to call a tech to come and fix this problem.
I'm really sorry we could not resolve you issue. Here are two additional options you can try:
http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/237721-windows-live-mail-wont-open-fixed-win-7-64-bits.html
Or run a repair tool:
http://www.windowserrorrepair.com/US/4/index4.php?c=73&l=274&subid=252680806